Monday, February 22, 2010

To Get Dinner...

Sometimes we like to go out to eat...who doesn't, right? I recently wrote a post about going to the grocery store that was done via pictures. So, this time I thought I would step it up a notch and give you some live action shots of us out and about again in our neighborhood. This time we bike our way from our apartment to Jiyugaoka (about 5 min bike ride) to go get some yummy dinner. I took this video while I was riding my bike...no, it's not the safest way and yes, i did almost wreck and/or run over people a few times, one of which I catch on video. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did the challenge of biking at night while videoing and simultaneously weaving around people and cars.


I have been trying to publish this video for the past several days and have been unsuccessful. But, after clicking on a few things and hitting the "ok" button when prompted whether I knew I needed to or not, I got this puppy saved, edited, and uploaded to "YouTube". I also came to the realization that I WILL be one of those people when I am older who can't figure out how to operate all the new gadgets and will need to rely on the experience of my grandchildren. Sigh, my life is flashing before my eyes.... Anway, back to the topic, here's the video......

We went to our favourite (for some reason I felt like typing British English there) obento shop, "deli breeze" and rented a movie from "Tsutaya".



6 comments:

Jen said...

I can't see the video. Bummer. I was excited to be on the bike with you!!

Jen said...

I can see it now!! Must have been my computer.

Jen said...

I love that...you should do some more videos. It's fun to see where you all live. Sorry for all the comments.

mary said...

I loved this! Did you say in the video that somebody vomited? It really makes me miss you guys so much more! *tear*

Mike Wagner said...

so should I tpe my camera to my helmet and record my ride to work?

Emileigh Latham said...

Wow! Everything is tiny and clean! From your vantage point, you seem to tower over all the Asian people.
I love all your comments.