Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Baby Kuiper!!!

Exciting news..... we are pregnant! I am about 10 and a half weeks which puts our baby arriving on April 7th (approximately of course ;) )!! We are super excited and can't wait. We were a little anxious at first because I was about 6 weeks when I got very sick in India. I had a fever of 102F and after doing some reading I discovered this could be something that could harm the baby. Needless to say, I was super worried and anxious up until today when I had my first doctors appointment. The doctor put my mind at ease with all his knowledge and then I was even more relaxed once we did the ultrasound and found out that everything was normal. So, please pray for the baby whenever you happen to think about it. Throughout all of this anxiety and worry the Lord has been so faithful. Not only because things turned out well but just His presence. The Lord would quickly call us to pray or speak softly to our hearts that He was near and good and in control. Many times I was faced with my lack of trusting in the GOODNESS of God but I am grateful beyond words of His tenderness towards my doubts. He did not scold me or tell me to have bigger faith.....He just walked with us. He was there. He never left. Also, in my fear I was reminded of how narrow my view of what "good" really is. "Good" isn't necessarily "normal". Good is the Kingdom and the things of His Kingdom and that shine His character, nature, and glory. Good is much bigger and SO different from the world. How wonderful that is!!! Thank you for celebrating with us!

7 comments:

Emileigh Latham said...

YES!!!! So thankful for your experiences with our Father on this journey and so thankful for your enlargement of the word....good. He allows things for our benefit (btw...we don't always know what is good for us!!!) and He allows things for the benefit of the kingdom (which is sooo often beyond our comprehension). We prayed for you and little one on the trip and so glad that all is well. We love you guys. Oops, this is from Diana....Memzie is signed in and I would have to re-write everything to change accounts. I have done this before!!!

Unknown said...

Yes, our understanding of good is not infinite or all-knowing as God's is. However, He is faithful and patient with us despite our doubts and fears. It has been a constant struggle for me to relinquish all control and give our baby's well-being back to God's ever-capable hands. That motherly instinct kicks in pretty quickly, and I would automatically worry about what I was doing or eating or exposing myself to. Yet, God has been faithful to walk through this new adventure with me, coaxing me to trust Him and give Him my anxiety. In the process I have applied some scripture verses to memory. Two of my favorites that I cling to are Det. 31:8 and Isa. 41:10. We will be praying for you--all three of you. :)

Dave Feucht said...

Wow - congratulations! Hope things go well with the rest of the pregnancy!

Cheers!

Jen said...

Great truths, Abby!! God bless that sweet baby Kuiper tucked safely inside you under the swift and steady beat of your heart.

Love you!

Emileigh Latham said...

This is Memzie...Congrats!!! I am sooo excited for ya'll!!!! It is crazy to think that there is going to be three in the Kuiper Clan now!!!!

kuliejellogg said...

I'm a little bit of a web-stalker here - just Jennifer's friend who stayed at your place once when visiting MO. Just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS - motherhood is wonderful and the greatest testimony of God's goodness. Speaking of His goodness, your post gave me much food for thought about His goodness, so thanks for that!

Lyndsay said...

Congrats on baby Kuiper!!! We're so excited for you guys. Being parents is an amazing roller coaster! You'll be a great daddy Jason, and I've never met you Abbie, but I trust you'll be an amazing mommy:) Take care!