Saturday, August 30, 2008

Hanabi (Fireworks)

I tried to post this before we left for India but the video wouldn't load properly. So, i tried again today and was successful! I wanted to share this sooner but I guess better late than never, right?

Japan is a country that celebrates the seasons. In Fall, the Japanese celebrate the changing of the color of the leaves. With spring comes the Hanami, the viewing of the Cherry Blossoms. When the summer rides in on the wave of heat the Japanese celebrate with many festivals! One festival is the viewing of fireworks. And man, do the Japanese KNOW how to put on a fireworks show. It easily rivals what is seen in NYC or even Disney World. We were invited to celebrate with our friend, Tomoyu who we know from the gym we go to. The experience was fabulous!! I tried to capture as much of the splendor as my little Canon would allow but pictures just don't do the experience justice. The fireworks show lasted for about an hour and 15 minutes with a few breaks in between. ENJOY!



A couple of little Ladies enjoying the show. Notice the peace sign comes out at an early age! They were SOOOOO KAWAII (rhymes with hawaii and means CUTE!)


The crew enjoying the show! Tomoyu is the one next to me.


The ladies


Before it all begins


We are excited!


It was a SEA of people. This shot is MAYBE 1/4 of the crowd!



Here is a video of the fireworks action....FYI this is NOT the Grand Finale!!! In Jason's words (at the end of the video)....SUGOI!! (means AMAZING, INCREDIBLE, WOW!)

5 comments:

Dave Feucht said...

We were lucky enough to get to see fireworks twice while we were there, in Tachikawa and in Fuchu :) I also often heard "kakui!!!!" (of course with the last syllable elongated beyond all reason) :)

Interested to hear about India - glad you made it back alright!

mary said...

so cool...and I love the new look!!!

Emileigh Latham said...

That is sooo cool guys!!! That was sugo!!! I like the new look too.
The girls are KAWAII!!! Sooo adorable!!!

Jen said...

Thank you for reading my blog. It means alot. That has been on my heart and mind a lot lately. I'm glad the Lord used it to speak to you both. Love you!

P.S. Happy anniversery...you all are amazing seperately, but I'm so glad God put you together!!

Jen said...

I know. I stole the idea from Jason's fun with Mike on fb. It is way fun!