Friday, June 13, 2008

Mundane

So, I think I always approach this blog writing thing thinking I need to give you some great story and while I may not do so good at that part I still put pressure on myself to make it worth your while....which i still want to do but today...i don't think I have anything worth while...just wanted to share a little of the mundane here in Japan. So, here goes....

Today my eye hurts. Not really sure why but I think it might have something to do with staring at the computer all day. Today at school is a light day of teaching so what I usually end up doing on Fridays after lesson planning for the next week, is sit and try to catch up on emails and facebook and other misc. tasks. So, that is why today I did a lot of staring at the computer. Yesterday was my birthday and a few of the people made it really special for me. Especially my husband. He is awesome! He bought me tickets to go see STOMP in July and I am super excited about it. This has always been something I have wanted to see!!

We are preparing for our trip to Hong Kong and India and it's hard to believe we will be leaving in about 7 weeks already. I can't wait and I am excited to share all of the pictures and adventures with yall. Also, classes are almost finished here. The last day of classes is July 9th! Hard to believe this semster is almost over! It feels like it just got started.

Today I need to go to the grocery store. I go about once a week and that is taking some getting used to. People in Japan don't buy in bulk. You only buy what you need for the week. Also, we just got our bikes!! Which I am so glad about! We bought one new and got another one for free used from a friend. This will make trips to the grocery store much easier! Thankfully!

Got any questions? Please feel free to ask! I would love to answer them! :)

4 comments:

Jen said...

Hello, my friend. Thanks for welcoming me back. I so wish I could have shared your birthday with you. Eves and I are putting together something very special for your birthday, but it is taking some time. It will be late in coming, but I hope it will be special to you just the same. Love you!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I'm reading Hinds Feet on High Places. Just started it....it's already good and hard at the same time.

Emileigh Latham said...

Love the new look!!!
Questions:
1) I am not sure if I can explain this question very well but what is the normal routine for a child between 6-12? You know, here they go to school, come back, go to practice of some sport, and then come home and do homework. What is the life of a child in Japan like, from what you have observed?
2) What sports are in Japan?
3) What are the hot things to do in Japan?
4) What do they like to do during free time? (If they get any.)

That is all I have right now. Loves!!!!

mary said...

Love this post! It is nice to see your usage of "y'all"...still sticking to those roots...awesome!
I love Emi's questions! Looking forward to your answers. Love you!

Unknown said...

Stomp! How exciting; I too have always wanted to see them. Enjoy the show and let me know how it is.