Friday, February 6, 2009

88

This is the number that is running through my mind on a loop. 8-8. For 8 months along and only 8 weeks to go until our little treasure (as the very cute, petite elderly nun working at the hospital said) arrives and changes everything about daily life as I know it. I am excited for this change and a little apprehensive but I guess that's to be expected.

This whole process has been amazing to me. There is a person growing inside of me! How wondefully weird is that!? As he has grown, the space available for him to move around in has become smaller and smaller, and now I can kinda tell what part of him is sticking out and making my belly all sorts of funny shapes. We can't wait to meet him. I often wonder what he looks like. Will he have Jason's eyes? My hair color? What will we name him? That has yet to be discovered.

So, as the day draws near and my belly grows please pray for the continued health of our baby and myself. Also, I would appreciate your prayers for a safe delivery. Can't wait to share pictures with you!

3 comments:

kate said...

hey! 8's my lucky number (my birthday is 8/8/78, i was married on 7/28/08, and the most important - 8 rhymes with kate...
so it must be a portentous time for you. i assume you found out it's a boy - can't wait to see those promised pictures!

Unknown said...

Yes, it is an exciting and apprehensive time of the pregnancy. I am keeping you and little Kuiper in my prayers. And aren't you brave, waiting till the eleventh hour to pick a name. ;) I think Aaron and I had our names picked out a couple months into it. SO are you going to wait to see what he looks like before you name him? I always thought that would be kind of fun. :)

Diana Latham said...

Well, now, just six weeks to go!!! Very exciting. Having a baby is such an amazing experience. In our society where we think we have so much control....when a baby will come is still such a surprise. Sure, there are exceptions, but when left to the natural course of things....it is a surprise. I hope for you peace in the process, joy in the waiting, and faith that He watches over it all. Luvs.