Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back in the swing of things....sort of.

We are back in Japan! I am thankful to be here and I am excited/nervous/scared about becoming a teacher all over again. For some people, it seems, teaching comes really easy. I have many friends who are teachers and they seem to do it with so much confidence and ease. I'm really afraid I am just going to suck. They, whoever "they" is, say that you need confidence. Where can I find that? and how much does it cost? because I am all out.

I know that it will all be ok. I know that in my head but it doesn't keep the rest of me from freaking out just a little bit. I know that the Lord will sustain me and give me wisdom but I am just going to have to walk through all of the awkward newness to understand that in my heart; For the Truth to spill and saturated me until I am in peace along with Him. Underneath it all, I am excited.

Things have gone a lot smoother this time around and we arrived just in time to see the Cherry Blossoms (Sakura) pop out. They are so beautiful. Think "Last Samurai" and you will have a glimpse of that tree. Jason and I are looking forward to going into Tokyo tomorrow to take some pictures of the trees. The weather here is really nice right now. It's a perfect temperature and it's not very humid. Which is nice because come summer I drip like a water faucet. The Japanese carry around hand towels to wipe the sweat off their faces and backs of their necks. However, the women don't wipe....they pat.

I appreciate Japan. I am very glad we are here.

4 comments:

Emileigh Latham said...

I am sure you will be fine. I mean, if you were teaching here, I'd go to your class. I think you will be great.
I believe if God sent you there, he will answer your prayers and give you the confidence you need. Because through him we can do all things.

I stayed with cleaning the dishes. When I was done, Mama and Noah came home, then everybody else.

Jen said...

I can imagine how scary that is. I'm always nervous when I have to teach anyone anything, but you have to remember the Lord has you there. It's obvious...He's gone before you and He is so faithful.

I love you! Can't wait to see you soon. YEA!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Rooskie Babe, Your Momma is so proud of her daughter,Abigail Christie Marcum Kuiper. What an inspiration you are to me! God has blessed me with a beautiful soulful child named Abby. Lovely to gaze upon,to hold strongly, to converse with equally,to be friends with unselfishly,to love dearly,to be taught by regularly,to be challenged by thoughtfully,to be hugged by lovingly and be inspired by continously. Momma